Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kentucky Trip

We had an unexpected whirlwind trip to KY last weekend for Bob's Aunt Vickie's funeral. Funerals are always sad, but we are glad Aunt Vickie is healthy again in heaven with so many other loved ones, and it was great to see other family that we don't get to see very often anymore.
We did the 10 hour drive there on Sunday getting to the hotel around midnight, and the plan was to get back in the van Monday after the funeral (hopefully by 2pm) for the drive home. Well, around supper time, the kids were miserable, the driver was tired, and mom had had enough. So my fabulous husband allowed me to change the plans and be spontaneous! (He's the best!!!) So, we found a good exit, hit the Target for Chutes & Ladders and some Ben & Jerry's and crashed at a hotel for a fun family evening, a decent bedtime, a yummy hot breakfast, and a much more pleasant conclusion to our journey the next morning! Yay Dad, we made a great memory instead of just making great time - much more lasting!

Then Ethan got creative on the last bit of our journey. Unfortunately, I realized way too late that it was entirely too quiet in the back seat. When I turned around, this is what I found! Ethan, didn't want to color in his coloring book, so he just colored his arms and his left hand instead. Should've gotten him the Crayola Color Wonder markers! Oh well, most of it washed off at the next McDonalds where we dragged a chair into the bathroom for him to stand on so I didn't have to hold him up the whole time I scrubbed both arms three times each! Now that I think about it, that probably violates a health code for not taking dining room furniture into the restroom, but I didn't think about it at the time. I had been traveling in a van with two kids for almost 20 of the last 36 hours! Good times!

This is his 'I-think-i'm-about-to-get-in-trouble-for-this' face!

1 comment:

Britt said...

Cuteness
man do I miss you guys