Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Almost 4

I think someone swiped my clock sometime in March and set it on fast forward! Could time seem to go any faster? My baby girl will be 4 years old in a few more days, and every time I try to forget, she is reminding me of one more way that she has gotten 'so big'! And the thoughts in my head say, 'see, she hardly needs me at all anymore.' What's a broken-hearted mom to do, but smile convincingly, clap enthusiastically, tell her that, "yes, you are getting so big, and I'm so proud of you", and then choke back the enormous lump in the throat.

We're planning a butterfly party for next Saturday (the day before her birthday) and she can't wait! We'll have butterfly tatoos for the girls, bug tatoos for the boys. A purple pinata (she specifically asked for 'one of those colorful things that you hang up and whack it until all the candy falls down' - how could I refuse!) We'll have a cake with butterflys, and ice cream, and balloons.

And then I'll have a 4 year old who will be in pre-K this fall and is already 43 and a half inches tall! When did that happen? She can be infuriating at times when she won't stop whining or arguing. And sometimes she drives me crazy with the endless questions. But she is also one of the very best things that have ever happened to me. And she will always be my baby girl.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the pics! They are getting so big...I think the last time I saw them Ethan was just a couple of months old! It was great getting caught up with you and your family through your blog...thanks for the link!